Choreography for the show December 11th
We learnt the first section of the dance routine for the show in December, this was to the "Beatles Eneanor Rigby" the style of dance we are doing to this is breaking this is one of my weaker styles of street dance as i dont really do it that often, my weakness was zulu spin and cc as i need to put in more effort and alot more practise with breaking, breaking is more on the toes and down to the ground where i am used to being upwards.
I need to practise the zulu and cc by this i need to keep going over it step by step slowly then working to the speed i need to get it up to for the show piece.
Today in Jazz we learnt the other section for the show case this will be jazz,we are doing the routine to we will rock you musical lady gaga for decades of dance, 1950/60s musicals first came out.
The section is quit easy and the movements have to be sharp but to be danced like a robot as in we will rock you.
My strengths in is routine were movement memory
My weakness was timing, I need to listen to the words when dancing as the movements go with the words of the song.
Monday 4th November (duet with Riley)
We came up with the idea of using the idea from the dance planner as having a basketball in the routine, we then made up a motif that would be developed throughout the dance. The style of dance. We have chosen is old skool hip hop this responses to the stimulus "eras of dance" .
We then worked out some floor patterns and transformations to make the routine more exciting to watch. We are using a beauty song "Fresh Prince Of Bel Air" as this was a very popular t.v program 1990's.
Group dance
Today we went over the breaking section and there was a new section added I need to practise the 6step by getting faster and being in time with the other people in the routine.
We also went over the "We Will Rock You, Radio Gaga" I also need to improve clapping and moving my hips at the same time.
Group dance
Today we went over the breaking section and there was a new section added I need to practise the 6step by getting faster and being in time with the other people in the routine.
We also went over the "We Will Rock You, Radio Gaga" I also need to improve clapping and moving my hips at the same time.
Tuesday 5th November
Duet - We developed our ideas and came up with more moves and created moves to add to our motif, the structure of dance we are working on is ABC ternary narrative telling a story.
Rosia's group piece
We practised the Maculele routine, we all need to improve on movement memory and timing with eachother and the music. This dance style is new to me but I am always up for a challenge and willing to learn new things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9YWv2l0xmU
My strengths for today were remembering what to do(movement memory), also in the breaking section of the dance I think that my strength is the 6step. My weakness is still the zulu and cc by improving this i just need to go over it step by step and not worrying if I am going wrong.
Duet- Today me and Riley showed our duet to the class we had feed back given to us about our duet saying we were responding to the stimuli but our routine wasn't to the standard Kat thought it would be, she thought we had more as we had a week to come up with ideas of the duet but this was due to Riley not attending many of the rehearsals.
Rosais's group piece Maculele
Today in class we went over the routine for the show as its in 3weeks time. I found out today that we need to work as a team and that if someone goes wrong respect and do not laugh at there mistakes.
My strengths for today was movement memory and listening to the tempo of the music were to come in at certain points and when the routine is about to finish. My weakness for this routine is co-co-co-ordinating my hips when moving my arms in circles by improving this I need to work on just going over one movement at a time.
Rosia's group piece
We practised the Maculele routine, we all need to improve on movement memory and timing with eachother and the music. This dance style is new to me but I am always up for a challenge and willing to learn new things.
Wednesday 6th November
Duet- I came up with the idea of starting the routine of the duet by using basketballs without music to create a beat and coming onto the stage like we were in a basketball match. This came from the research I did for my dance planner were basketball was first played in 1891.Monday 11th November
We went over the Urban routine for the show piece in December, we also learnt the locking section for the routine, locking isn't my ideal dance style but I'm starting to enjoy learning it as it is a funky style and I like funky movements, I also like the music that locking is performed to.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9YWv2l0xmU
My strengths for today were remembering what to do(movement memory), also in the breaking section of the dance I think that my strength is the 6step. My weakness is still the zulu and cc by improving this i just need to go over it step by step and not worrying if I am going wrong.
Duet- Today me and Riley showed our duet to the class we had feed back given to us about our duet saying we were responding to the stimuli but our routine wasn't to the standard Kat thought it would be, she thought we had more as we had a week to come up with ideas of the duet but this was due to Riley not attending many of the rehearsals.
Rosais's group piece Maculele
Today in class we went over the routine for the show as its in 3weeks time. I found out today that we need to work as a team and that if someone goes wrong respect and do not laugh at there mistakes.
My strengths for today was movement memory and listening to the tempo of the music were to come in at certain points and when the routine is about to finish. My weakness for this routine is co-co-co-ordinating my hips when moving my arms in circles by improving this I need to work on just going over one movement at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment